Custom Fit 2″
Add another layer of luxury to your bed with a Pure Talalay Bliss Custom Fit 2″ removable Firm topper. Choose a 2 inch or 3 inch firm or plush topper to customize your sleep experience. As your needs change over the years, a Talalaly Latex topper is an easy and economical solution to revitalize your bed. If you don’t have a Pure Talalay Bliss mattress yet, you can still experience the luxurious feel and uplifting qualities of Talalay before investing in a mattress. Toppers are great for guest rooms, children’s rooms, vacation homes, and even yachts.
Our toppers are made entirely of Talalay Latex Rubber and guaranteed for 15 years. With our toppers you can have the pressure relief and comfort of a pillow top without the fear of it breaking down over time.
2″ or 3″ Luxurious Talalay
- Available in firm or plush
- Knit cover
- Non-skid bottom surface to prevent movement
Choose a 2 inch or 3 inch firm or plush topper to customize your sleep experience. Our toppers are made entirely of Talalay Latex Rubber and guaranteed for 15 years. With our toppers you can have the pressure relief and comfort of a pillow top without the fear of it breaking down over time.
How do I choose the mattress that’s right for me?
- Find a mattress with the proper level of spinal alignment support for your body. When you lie on your back, there should not be space between your lower back and your mattress.
- Find a mattress with the proper level of pressure relief for your body. When you lie on your side, you should not feel any pressure to your shoulder or hip.
- Look for a mattress that isolates motion from one side of the mattress to the other. Take your partner shopping with you. Lie on the mattress together and have your partner toss and turn. The more you feel the mattress jiggle, the more fragmented your sleep is likely to be.
- The pillow matters. Shop with your own pillow or a pillow you can purchase from the store. Most display pillows on mattress store floors are inadequate to properly test a mattress.
- Take your time. Once you have narrowed your choice to a few mattresses, spend some time on the mattresses. Be sure they are a match for you.
What are the top 5 reasons to invest in a Pure Talalay Bliss mattress?
- It offers “bottomless” pressure relief for your body. Whether you are on your back or side, you will have less pressure on more inches of Talalay Latex. Did you know when you lay on your side, your shoulders and hips have 7 times more pressure on them than when you lay on your back? Pressure relief is important to your muscles and it keeps the blood flowing to your extremities so you don’t have numb fingers, hands and arms. But more importantly, your body responds to pressure by moving during the night which will likely lessen the quality of your sleep.
- It offers “uplifting” support for your body. Your body needs support. It needs it for ideal body alignment and ideal spinal alignment. The benefit of good support is good posture. We love the phrase, better posture at night equals better posture during the day. Talalay Latex Support Cores offer an effect that is not found with coil beds, poly core beds or memory foam beds. Talalay Latex is uplifting and it is also pressure relieving. All other materials in a mattress are either one or the other, but not both. Most people think they need a firm bed, but that is only partially true. They need a bed with strong support, but they also need a bed that offers pressure relief on top of that. Firm on the bottom and soft on top is probably a more ideal formula. All of our beds are designed with that in mind.
- It offers a “resilient” natural rubber construction. Most people want a mattress to last a long time. It is a big investment. Simply put, you can buy an $1,000 mattress three times over the years or you can buy one $3,000 mattress and have it last 15 years. Talalay Latex is incredibly resilient. The easiest way to understand that Talalay Latex lasts longer is to understand that Talalay Latex is a rubber not a poly foam. Rubber is more resilient. It’s the nature of the material.
- It is healthy by design
- It is naturally breathable so it dissipates body heat
- It is naturally mold and mildew resistant so it may help your sneezing and wheezing
- It is naturally dust mite resistant if you have asthma
- It is inherently antibacterial and antifungal
- It is naturally hypoallergenic so it doesn’t off-gas
- It is naturally motion isolating so you will feel less of your partner’s movement
- It is a Pure Design. Because we don’t quilt the top of the mattress, don’t use fiber in the top of the mattress, and don’t use foam in the top of the mattress, consumers get all the healthy benefits of Talalay Latex.
How is Talalay Latex different than Dunlop Latex?
Even though they’re both latex, there are significant differences between our Talalay Latex and Dunlop Latex (Latex Light). They’re manufactured using different processes; it takes 14 hours to make a Talalay Latex mattress core, but less than one hour to make a Dunlop mattress core.
But the most important differences are benefits to you. Here are six ways Talalay Latex better serves you:
- BreathabilityTalalay Latex is FOUR TIMES more breathable than Dunlop Process Latex. Why? Talalay Latex is aerated and has a large cell structure. Dunlop Latex is denser latex and has a small cell structure.
- Pressure ReliefTalalay Latex is 33% more pressure relieving than Dunlop Latex. Why? The vacuum process used in making Talalay Latex allows for the latex to stretch like the rubber in a rubber band so it allows your body to sink in. Dunlop Latex is a poured process that creates latex which is less flexible. The rubber is more like the rubber in an eraser.
- DurabilityTalalay Latex is 3 TIMES more resilient than Dunlop Latex. Why? The Talalay Latex process creates a round cell structure. As the latex is compressed, a round cell structure does not break itself down. The Dunlop Process creates a snowflake cell structure. As you might imagine, as you compress a snowflake cell structure, the material breaks down.
- ConsistencyTalalay Latex is the same feel at the top of the Latex as the bottom. Dunlop process latex is softer on top and firmer on the bottom. Why? The Talalay process uses flash freezing that prevents the particles from settling after curing. Because there is no freezing in the Dunlop process, particles setting in the latex during curing creating firmness on the bottom.
- CleanTalalay Latex can wash out more proteins (which is a primary cause of latex allergies) than Dunlop Latex. Why? The Talalay Latex process uses a five-stage fresh water rinse process.
- SupportTalalay Latex provides not only pressure relief, but also support. Why? Talalay Latex is a two dimensional material. It offers support and pressure relief. Dunlop Process Latex is a one-dimensional material. It primarily offers pressure relief similar to foam.
Is it time to replace my mattress?
The easiest way to know whether it is time to replace your mattress is to ask yourself how you slept last night. Although the Better Sleep Council recommends you replace your mattress every five to seven years, many people sleep on a mattress that doesn’t fit them correctly. In this instance, you should replace your mattress even if it’s not worn. If a mattress doesn’t provide proper support for your body’s spinal alignment, you will wake up in the morning with painful kinks and discomfort. You may also find yourself tossing and turning in the night due to pressure points caused by an incorrect number of relief layers on top of the mattress’ support layer. Your mattress may also be too small!
What’s the difference between Talalay Latex and Memory Foam?
- Talalay Latex is a rubber. Memory Foam is a foam, which doesn’t provide both support and pressure relief.
- Talalay Latex rubber is a natural material derived from the rubber tree. Memory foam is a synthetic material and is a petroleum-based product.
- Talalay Latex rubber has a breathable design and cell structure that provides a temperature neutral environment. Memory foam is a dense material, which needs heat to activate its pressure relieving quality. It usually sleeps warmer.
- You “sleep on” Talalay Latex rubber and it has an uplifting effect. You “sleep in” memory foam which provides a “sinking” effect.
- Talalay Latex rubber is a two dimensional material. It is both supportive by being uplifting and is also pressure relieving. Most memory foam mattresses use memory foam in the pressure relief layer and traditional poly foam in the support layer.
- Talalay Latex rubber is “bottomless.” Even when you lay on your side, your body does not “bottom out” into a hard layer in the mattress or on the foundation. Memory foam allows you to bottom out onto what is underneath it.
- Talalay Latex rubber is a fast response material. When you move, it immediately responds to your new position. Memory foam is a slow response material.
- Talalay Latex rubber is hypoallergenic and does not off-gas. Memory foam is a petroleum-based product.
- Talalay Latex rubber is extremely durable. Because it is vulcanized, it is the most resilient material available in a mattress.
- Talalay Latex rubber is inherently antibacterial and antifungal.