Custom Fit 3″
Add another layer of luxury to your bed with a Pure Talalay Bliss Custom Fit 3″ removable Plush topper. Choose a 2 inch or 3 inch firm or plush topper to customize your sleep experience. As your needs change over the years, a Talalay topper is an easy and economical solution to revitalize your bed. If you don’t have a Pure Talalay Bliss mattress yet, you can still experience the luxurious feel and uplifting qualities of Talalay before investing in a mattress. Toppers are great for guest rooms, children’s rooms, vacation homes, and even yachts.
Our toppers are made entirely of Talalay and guaranteed for 15 years. With our toppers you can have the pressure relief and comfort of a pillow top without the fear of it breaking down over time.
2″ or 3″ Luxurious Talalay
- Available in firm or plush
- Knit cover
- Non-skid bottom surface to prevent movement
Choose a 2 inch or 3 inch firm or plush topper to customize your sleep experience. Our toppers are made entirely of Talalay and guaranteed for 15 years. With our toppers you can have the pressure relief and comfort of a pillow top without the fear of it breaking down over time.
Are Pure Talalay Bliss toppers durable?
Yes. When we designed Pure Talalay Bliss, we loved the feel of a Talalay Pillow Top and wanted to introduce it to the marketplace.
Our Pure Talalay Bliss Toppers are made entirely of Talalay and guaranteed for 15 years with no more than a 1″ impression. With our toppers you can have the pressure relief and comfort of a pillow top without the fear of it breaking down over time.
There are added benefits of buying a topper:
- It’s a healthier <Link to Health Benefits FAQ> sleep surface than traditional mattress brands
- It dissipates heat
- It is hypoallergenic
- It doesn’t off-gas
- It is dust mite resistant
- It is mold and mildew resistant
- It is inherently antibacterial and antifungal
- It’s transportable
How is Talalay Latex different than Dunlop latex?
Even though they’re both latex, there are significant differences between our Talalay Latex and Dunlop Latex (Latex Light). They’re manufactured using different processes; it takes 14 hours to make a Talalay Latex mattress core, but less than one hour to make a Dunlop mattress core.
But the most important differences are benefits to you. Here are six ways Talalay Latex better serves you:
Talalay Latex is FOUR TIMES more breathable than Dunlop Process Latex. Why? Talalay Latex is aerated and has a large cell structure. Dunlop Latex is denser latex and has a small cell structure.
- Pressure Relief
Talalay Latex is 33% more pressure relieving than Dunlop Latex. Why? The vacuum process used in making Talalay Latex allows for the latex to stretch like the rubber in a rubber band so it allows your body to sink in. Dunlop Latex is a poured process that creates latex which is less flexible. The rubber is more like the rubber in an eraser.
Talalay Latex is 3 TIMES more resilient than Dunlop Latex. Why? The Talalay Latex process creates a round cell structure. As the latex is compressed, a round cell structure does not break itself down. The Dunlop Process creates a snowflake cell structure. As you might imagine, as you compress a snowflake cell structure, the material breaks down.
Talalay Latex is the same feel at the top of the Latex as the bottom. Dunlop process latex is softer on top and firmer on the bottom. Why? The Talalay process uses flash freezing that prevents the particles from settling after curing. Because there is no freezing in the Dunlop process, particles setting in the latex during curing creating firmness on the bottom.
Talalay Latex can wash out more proteins (which is a primary cause of latex allergies) than Dunlop Latex. Why? The Talalay Latex process uses a five-stage fresh water rinse process.
Talalay Latex provides not only pressure relief, but also support. Why? Talalay Latex is a two dimensional material. It offers support and pressure relief. Dunlop Process Latex is a one-dimensional material. It primarily offers pressure relief similar to foam.
Can I wash the zippered mattress cover?
All of our mattresses and toppers have washable zippered covers. You should always sleep on a clean sleep surface and use a mattress protector. Waterproof mattress protectors are best.
Wash only the top part (the fabric you sleep on) of the mattress cover. It is likely only the top part needs to be laundered and the cover will clean better if it is the only thing in the load. Additionally, do not remove the fire retardant layer that is attached to the rubber.
Wash in cold water (handwash or delicate setting). Use regular detergent. Be careful not to use harsh stain removers or bleach. Regular laundry detergent will remove most stains if treated according to stain type (proteins, etc) Air-drying the cover is ideal, but you can use your dryer on its lowest heat setting. Do not over-dry the cover.
Contact us to purchase replacement covers.
How do I choose the mattress that's right for me?
- Find a mattress with the proper level of spinal alignment support for your body. When you lie on your back, there should not be space between your lower back and your mattress.
- Find a mattress with the proper level of pressure relief for your body. When you lie on your side, you should not feel any pressure to your shoulder or hip.
- Look for a mattress that isolates motion from one side of the mattress to the other. Take your partner shopping with you. Lie on the mattress together and have your partner toss and turn. The more you feel the mattress jiggle, the more fragmented your sleep is likely to be.
- The pillow matters. Shop with your own pillow or a pillow you can purchase from the store. Most display pillows on mattress store floors are inadequate to properly test a mattress.
- Take your time. Once you have narrowed your choice to a few mattresses, spend some time on the mattresses. Be sure they are a match for you.
Why isn't there a quilted top layer on Pure Talalay Bliss beds?
The reason why we call our brand “Pure” is because we don’t dilute the benefits of the Talalay by topping it with fibers, quilting and foam like most mattresses do. By doing so, most, if not all, of the benefits of Talalay are lost. We do not quilt the top of the mattress, use fiber, or use foams. Our design maximizes the benefits of Talalay:
- Naturally breathable which dissipates body heat
- Mold and mildew resistant which can provide an allergen free environment
- Dust mite resistant which can prevent runny noses, nasal congestion or asthma attacks caused by dust mite manifestation
- Inherently antibacterial and antifungal which may reduce the spread of bacteria
- Naturally hypoallergenic because it does not produce toxic off-gases
- Extremely resilient and durable
- Provides support and pressure relief